Thursday, November 10, 2011

Is it possible that Mike Richards and Jeff Carter from the Philadelphia Flyers are just a tad bit overrated?

First off, let me say that I've been a huge die hard Flyers fan for years. Love them and always make sure to watch every game. We all know that the Flyers haven't won a Cup since what somewhere around 76 or 77 I think. (I was born in 92!) And of course I want to see them finally win it after all of these long painful years. However, as I look at this current team's roster right now and their trends over the more recent years, I feel as though that they are overall inconsistent (Seems to be the theme for all Philly teams. LOL) and don't have the star power on the team to help win a Cup. Now, I definitely do think that Mike Richards and Jeff Carter have talent and are good players. However, I honestly don't understand all the hype surrounding them. Compared to the star power and incredible talent of Sidney Crosby, Alexander Ovechkin, Ilya Kovalchuk, or even Patrick Marleu Richards and Carter just don't seem like they're really the "ones" for lack of better terms. Anyone who's been monitoring the Flyers lately will have seen that Richards has something like 2 goals over the past 12 games. It goes back to the whole inconsistent thing along with the team as a whole. And Richards has a 10 year contract with the Flyers with a no trade clause!! I don't think he's that good to be with the Flyers for 10 years! I think the Flyer's new head coach is great and it just what the team needs with his style of play. But what we're missing is some star players with exceptional talents and a great goalie. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment