Monday, November 14, 2011

Whose got time for long question?? soo..do u STAND BY your MAN?? input from serious men & women please.

my boyfriend & I have been together for 41/2 years... we were long distance when we met, so we both accepted the fact that it would be difficult. we are about 2hrs away plane ride.. in the beginning he used to visit me every other month. it kept our relationship strong. then after 2 years of that... he decided to transfer to a school out here to be closer to me. He went home for the summer planning to come back & finish his degree in the fall, so went home for the summer. But now a couple things got mixed up with school scholarships, loans etc,. so it would be easier// less expensive that he finds an internship & finishes off his credits while he can live at home. So this means he isn't coming back; at least not to live. I've always wanted to move to the NYC area..so eventually we will try to establish some things and move in together. you can imagine we've been through A LOT together. more good//inspiring times then bad;) As his girlfriend I know, life has always been a difficulty for him, but he’s always trying to do right- to overcome complications. he is currently going through a lot of difficulties right now.. His grandfather whom he was very close to- ped away back in November, he was here at school, went back for a few days for the burial- but, as I see it, never really had time to grieve. Finances are extremely tight, he is in dire need of a job as well as an internship for school.. Fast. He lives in the NYC area.. Things are equally impossible as there are opportunities. I shared quite a lot of what he’s going through… in your opinion; are these all excuses for our phone convos to be suddenly limited. it might be another 6 months before I see him again- lately we haven’t talked much & when I complain about it, he is easily aggravated. does he not care anymore? I’ll admit I dislike that he is always spending time with his family & doesn’t promptly return calls or text.. actually some days it will go hours.. This is becoming an issue, he feels I’m not understanding enough to his situations. he is struggling & under a lot of pressure to find a job and support his family back home. he also soon going to be preparing to apply to law school....I realize I may have some growing up to do? & will have to be strong & patient. but what’s everyone’s input..... insecurities are getting at me.. I know this is a little tered// it's hard to sum up a relationship in one writing. This isn't like me to go else where for advice// especially not the net but I’m curious to get an outsiders opinion. so in your opinion, from the bits you know.. what are you suggestions// he wont call me as often as usual because he says he's busy trying to figure things out or just trying to relax has a lot on his plate blah blah.... I realize i need to step up and be supportive... but if he's only calling me once a day; does this mean he doesn't care? am i foolish to believe this is just a rough time?

No comments:

Post a Comment